Tuesday, February 7, 2012

All Things Cheap!

So in an effort to help my family save some money, I am working on some household things that will save a bit here and there. We did the laundry soap, and LOVE it! I recently made a batch using my husbands Irish Spring Ocean something or other, and it is amazing! I have a new HE washer being delivered today, so hopefully that water savings will help too!

Anyway, I am in the market for some information on saving on dryer sheets. I hate them. They are expensive, they are a fire hazard, and they are just plain annoying! I don't mind that our clothes won't come out of the dryer smelling like Fresh Linen, I just want them to come out with no static. So begins the journey to find something. The first thing I am going to try is the aluminum foil. I have read that you ball up some foil, toss it in with the wet clothes, and the foil takes over from there. I will report back!

Update: Okay, I did see a little bit of a difference in the static, but not much. I do think that my new washer along with my home made soap makes my clothes super soft, and the addition of a scented soap to the mixture gave a great smell. Next thing to try are those silly looking dryer balls.

No comments:

Post a Comment